There have been a lot of farm raids in the past 6 months- and something stinky is going on around here in the USA! FDA officials have served warrants, knocked on farmers doors at the early hours disturbing unsuspecting local farmers, and demanded healthy nourishing foods to be destroyed without justified cause.
This issue is close to my heart, as our Amish Farmer was raided and spied on by agents earlier this year. He is a gentle peaceful farmer who cares for his farm and supports his family off of his land. It infuriated me when I found out agents came to his farm, unannounced at 5 in the morning during "normal" business hours. The agents terrified his children and family. His children asked, "Is daddy going to jail?" That's when I broke into tears- because this kind, and peaceful man who raises his animals in a natural and healthy way- supports and provides food for many people- including my child who thrives on food and dairy from his farm.
Estrella Cheesewheel- ALL ordered to be destroyed!
We have to protect our local farmers who provide us the clean, health building foods that our families and our nation needs to be well- and to raise up a well formed and nourished future generation. If WE don't stop this from happening NOW, then who will? We must ensure access to healthy local foods for ourselves, the farmers, and the future generation. We have the RIGHT to choose and EAT healthy nutrient dense foods! No more bullying our farmers!
The Farms: eliminate access to raw dairy products.
Morningland Dairy is being ordered to destroy all $250,000 worth of cheese, despite lack of evidence of contamination. No ONE has ever gotten ill from either of these farms products.
"FDA didn't find any L-mono in the environment at the Morningland plant but it was not for lack of trying; the agency took one hundred environmental swabs in the plant, all of which came up negative."
Estrella Family Creamery
The Cause: TO SAVE Family Farms and protect our right to choose and have access to local, nutrient dense pastured raised foods!
The PLAN: An Internet Mob of 50,000. If each of the 50,000 readers gives $5.00, we can raise the money these farms need for charitable relief and legal fees.
How YOU can HELP:
- Sign Up on Real Food Media Farm Raid Fund to get email alerts every time there is a farm raid and when you need to be called to action, or to support individual farmers as these issues arise.
- Donate to the Morningland Dairy -even a small amount- if we all donate $5 we can save this farm! As a marker, the start of this post the total is $216,317 to go- lets see how it changes over the next few days as we all donate!
CLICK on the Button to Donate!
- Donate to Estrella Family Creamery - if you support family and local foods- donate now!
Click on the Donate Button!
Time of posting it's starting at $244,490 to go! Let's watch the donations grow!
- Get the word out! We are starting a "tsunami" online with supporting this cause- you can join us in spreading the word- share this blog post, FB, Tweet, Email, Blog about it- all ways you can share to save these farms!
- Add the Donation Widgets to your blog by clicking on them above!
To Learn and Read More, Visit these Links:
Weston A. Price Action Alert: Stop Destruction of Raw Cheese
Morningland Dairy Blog
Estrella Cheese Blog
Crop Mob: How to Save Artisan Family Farming
Act Now to Save Small Dairy Producers
Save These Family Farms Act Now!
Civil Rights Movement of Our Time
Protect Family Farms Save Food Freedom
Not Convinced? Watch the Trailer for Farmageddon: An upcoming film that will show you the true reality of these farm raids.
Farmageddon Trailer from Kristin Canty on Vimeo.
This post is part of the REAL FOOD MEDIA Save Farm Freedom Friday and Fight Back Friday at Food Renegade