Hollandaise sauce is a simple, quick, nourishing sauce you can use at breakfast, lunch or dinner! Only 3 Base Ingredients! Then add spices to your liking!Hollandaise Sauce:
- You'll need a double boiler (ie: metal bowl over saucepan with water, just make sure water isn't touching the bowl.) In bowl, place 3 pastured egg yolks (or 1 if for 1 person)
- Whisk yolks in bowl over hot, but not boiling water.
- When eggs get hot but still runny (no scrambled eggs! keep whisking!) add 1-2 Tblsp Butter. Keep whisking.
- When it starts to thicken, take off of heat and add a few squeezes of lemon juice. If it's too thick add a bit of water until it's your desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Douse your breakfast in it!
Here is my House-made English Muffins Recipe (cooked in coconut oil!), Then Topped with Eggs, Bacon, Avocado and covered in Hollandaise sauce!
This breakfast was inspired by Cafe Niche in SLC, UT:
Here is an article from the newspaper about this breakfast sandwich, " ...
Linked to Monday Mania